Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Best Jigglers Ever {recipe}

When Lauren and I started planning "Mommy and Me" camp for this week, the very first thing on her list of things she wanted to do was to make jello.

After the boys left for their camp Sunday evening, we made our first batch of jigglers for this week. I've adapted a recipe that was handed down through my mother years ago, and we like this version better than the ones made with only jello. These seem a bit more firm, still jiggly but not as likely to fall apart.

Best Jello Jigglers Ever

2 3-ounce packages of jello (any flavor or combination of flavors)
3 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin
3 cups boiling water

Mix the flavored jello with the unflavored gelatin. Add boiling water and stir until fully dissolved. I set the timer for 3 minutes and told Lauren she had to stir the whole time.


Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and place in the refrigerator for a few hours. I think it took ours about 2 hours to get fully hardened.

Cut into the pieces using cookie cutters. Enjoy!






©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. How much extra "plain" gelatin do you think you'd need to make them that firm if you weren't using Jello? I've never gotten them as firm as that flower looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you want me to try to prove I can do higher level math. :)

    My mom's original recipe has a fruit juice option that uses 4 envelopes plain gelatin and 4 cups boiling water. I'm not sure it'd be quite as firm as my adaptation, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would LOVE to make these! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am featuring this recipe this week! Congratulations! :-) :-) Be sure to stop by and grab and "I've been featured" button from my sidebar for your blog. The post should go live around 11pm Eastern on Monday evening. I hope you will be able to linkup again this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...