Monday, March 4, 2013

Getting off to a good start in March {Goal Planning Monday}

I think I've made enough progress around the house that I can start the week out with some forward momentum instead of feeling like I'm still playing catch-up. It's amazing what a difference it makes when I spend a little time cleaning up the kitchen and picking up all the stuff that managed to just get left lying around in the main living areas.

Progress on ongoing goals:
1. Exercise: I ran twice last week, including once while pushing Lauren (and her doll Laurie) in the stroller.

2. Bible Reading: I have a few more chapters left in today's reading to finish. As soon as I hit publish, I'm going to read them before bed.

3. Scripture Memory: All of my verses are written on my memory cards, but I'm still a little shaky on last week's verses and the new ones.

4. Read: I'm trying to decide between finishing Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult or reading Nano by Robin Cook. I had started Keeping Faith on my nook, but Robin Cook's one of my favorite authors and his new book was on the Express Reads shelf at our library the other day.

5. Blog: I feel like I can breathe, working steadily towards my deadlines but not having to stay up late to meet them.

Accomplishments (aka goals from two weeks ago):
1. I feel much more caught up with everything than I did at this point last week -- exercise, reading, blogging, and general housework stuff.

2. I posted pictures of my first sewing project last night.

New goals:
1. We have another busy week with more appointments than usual scheduled. I'm not sure how I managed to schedule so many routine follow-ups so that they all hit in the same two weeks. If I make it to all the appointments on time and manage to get a little schoolwork squeezed in, I'll call it a good week.

2. Lauren's having a Princess Tea Party at our house on Saturday to celebrate her birthday. I have some of the supplies already, but I still have to get some decorations, plan the food, and decorate a Sleeping Beauty castle cake.

I'm adding my list of goals and accomplishments to the others at Mama Manuscripts. I'm thankful for all my friends that meet each week to cheer each other on.

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I understand about busy weeks and Dr. appointments. I hope you got them all done and I hope you have a wonderful birthday party for your daugher tomorrow. I am not doing as well in my Bible reading as I had planned but we all have bad weeks and I am trying not to be to hard on myself.

    God bless and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sewing project. So fun! I hope that you were able to get a lot accomplished, even with all those appointments. I hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...