Saturday, March 2, 2013

No Excuses

Last October, I mentioned my "runner girl" magnet on the back of my van. At the time, I mentioned how I needed to either start running again or take off the magnet. I chose to start running.

Having the magnet doesn't make me a runner. Stepping away from the computer and putting on my tennis shoes makes me a runner.

Today I learned another lesson about being a runner.

A runner doesn't make excuses.

I've had a very busy week with a whole lot more appointments than normal. I hadn't gotten in a good run all week. (The one afternoon that I did start out to run, I was interrupted by a phone call from one of Lauren's doctors.)

I didn't have any commitments today, but I also didn't have anyone to watch Lauren while I ran. I could either sit at home on this gorgeous afternoon whining about how I couldn't run or I could figure out a plan B.

I decided to take a few running buddies with me.


No excuses.

It was a great day to be running!

I know it's a stretch, but I'm counting my "No excuses" post as my letter x for blogging through the alphabet. Some of my other friends found ideas that actually start with x, so if you're a stickler for the rules, be sure to stop by and find their blogs.

Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...