Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Craft Resolution

Like almost any crafter, I have a lot of enthusiasm when I start a project. Sadly that enthusiasm all to often fades before the project is finished. At this point, my mother would feel compelled to remind me of a certain latch hook project I started in elementary school

For the past few years, I've made a New Year's Resolution to "finish more, start less." I think I did pretty well at keeping with that goal last year.

I've probably overlooked a few projects, but here is the majority of what I completed last year:

the "No Guts, No Glory" sweater

a baby blanket that will be sent back to our previous church for their giveaways
one of many baby hats that I made this fall
a doll sweater for a friend

socks are always easy to carry in my bag to doctors' appointments




And now, the "in progress" projects:

the back half of a sweater vest for my mom

a barely started baby blanket

just turned the heels; I love the cable pattern

I think I did well with my "finish more" challenge. This year, I'm going to try to limit myself to only four in-progress projects. My four limit allows me to have one pair of sock in progress, one baby blanket to work on at home, a baby hat if I need one at the last minute, and something else. One of my first projects to start in 2011 will be a child-sized sweater to match the one I made for her doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...