Friday, July 19, 2013

Citizenship in the Community {Merit Badge}

I'm happy to report that Brennan came home from the Boy Scout meeting last Tuesday night with the news that he had finished his Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge.

Finally.

I think this might win some sort of prize for being the merit badge that Brennan took the longest to complete. I know he started it before we left Arkansas last summer.

Even though Citizenship in the Community is an Eagle required badge, I don't think it was particularly difficult. I think the hardest part about it was that it required Brennan to finish some "school-like" assignments, such as putting together a short presentation about his community or interviewing someone that works in a branch of the local government. For a long time, he only had two requirements left to complete, but he just hasn't felt like finishing the homework until recently.

I know he's relieved to finish this badge, and I'm relieved that I no longer have to pester him to "just finish it."

If I understand correctly, earning this merit badge helps fulfill one of Brennan's last requirements to earn his Star rank. He's hopeful that he can complete the board of review and get his new rank at the Court of Honor at the end of August.


My friend Debra at Footprints in the Butter has started blogging weekly about her children's merit badges. I'm joining in this week and will hopefully continue to share more of Brennan's scouting adventures in the future.

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Citizenship in the community is the only Eagle-required merit badge that my son needs to earn. I don't know why this one seems to be so hard to get; he actually told me it's one of the easier ones. He just can't seem to get it done. He needs 1 more camp out (and board of review) to make life.

    TaMara @ Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...