Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back to School Goal Planning

I spent last week touring the country with my family and enjoying a bit of time away from my electonic connections. (I'll share pictures just as soon as I sort through all 1000 of them to pick a few favorites.)

Ever since we got back home, I've traded relaxing vacation day for an overpacked crazy week worth of appointments. My original plan was to start school on Monday because that was the first day of school for most of our friends. I took one look at my planner and decided it just wasn't happening. Addison is volunteering at Glee Camp again this week, I scheduled several more doctor's appointments than I should have, and Brennan is supposed to take a few classes at the Apple store that's completely on the other side of the city. Instead of trying to squeeze schoolwork in amongst crazy-busy, I've decided that it isn't the end of the world if I postpone our official start to the school year until next Monday.

My goals for the rest of this week are focused on getting prepared for starting back to school full-force next week.

1. Go through the school room and remove all unnecessary books. I think I've allowed too much curriculum to crowd the shelves, and it's sometimes hard to find our current materials. Thankfully, I have an extra shelf in the laundry room (a few steps away from our school materials) where I can store some of the excess.

2. Finalize my plans for the beginning of the year and order the last few things that we need.

3. Decide on any school supplies that we need and look for some good back-to-school sales. I already found crayons, pencils, and a few notebooks when I was out today, but I'm not sure what else I want to (or need to) stock up on.

4. Print materials for at least the first week of school. For some subjects, I want to print at least half a year's worth so that I can have them spiral bound.

If I get all of the back-to-school preparations finished by Friday, then I should have some time to sew Lauren a dress this weekend and maybe even start looking through vacation pictures.

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I understand. Back to school preparations is my main focus this week as well. I wanted to start school next Monday the 22nd but I know I won't be ready. I guess we will start the 29th... that day it will be ready or NOT... I won't put it off further.

    I have a lot to do and things to still buy. I asked 2 different companies about reviewing a product I want to use this coming year. I have not heard anything from either of them. I don't know how long to wait before just going ahead and purchasing it... or deciding to skip it. It is very frustrating to not get any answer. If the answer is NO then just tell me. I hate the indecision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say....
    Glad you had a great vacation and I hope you have a great rest of your week and get LOTS done. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...