1. This is camp week at our house. Addison is helping at the pre-teen church camp while Tim and Brennan are at Boy Scout camp. Lauren and I had "Mommy and Me" camp at home this week.
2. When the directions to church camp told me to allow an hour to go the last 30 miles, I expected curvy mountain roads. I didn't expect that they'd be quite so curvy or that they wouldn't have guardrails on the hairpin turns. I also didn't expect that a good 10 miles of the trip would be on dirt roads.
3. The views from the top of the mountain were gorgeous. I'm sure there were pretty views while I was driving up the mountain, too. I didn't see any because I spent my time focusing on the double yellow line in the middle of the road.
4. When it gets hot, it's a good idea to start driving up the mountain. According to the temperature on my van, it cooled off 26* when we drove up to see the scouts (on a different mountain) this afternoon.
5. Making lanyards and keychains from plastic lacing is just as much fun for kids these days as it was for me when I was a kid. I still haven't figured out the answer to Lauren's question, "Why do they call it gimp?"
I enjoy sharing five random thoughts on Fridays. If you'd like to join the fun, you can either click on the "Random 5 on Friday" button above or visit The Pebble Pond.