Friday, May 24, 2013

The Jewelry We Didn't Make {Blogging Through the Alphabet}

Last weekend, my mom and I spent a couple of afternoons shopping and exploring some sewing/quilting shops in our town. Along the way we stopped by Hobby Lobby to pick up some crafting supplies. I had remembered an idea to make necklaces out of washers, scrapbook paper, and modge podge, and I wanted to get a few things that I didn't already have on hand.


I then realized that this week was "J" week for Blogging Through the Alphabet. Perfect! I could show the cool jewelry project that Lauren and Addison and I made this week.

Unfortunately, I don't have any jewelry pictures to share. It just wasn't the sort of week for craft projects.

It was a week of spending time with relatives and laughing as we all tried to stay upright on the rented eliptigo bicycles. It was a few crazy days with mixed-up therapy sessions as we tried to reaarrange appointments to give us Friday afternoon off. It was time spent grocery shopping and cooking and dehydrating so that we'd be ready to go camping. And it was afternoons spent dipping my feet in the pool while I watched the kids splash.

I guess jewelry making will have to wait until next week . . . or maybe the week after. Maybe we'll finish our necklaces in time to blog about them for "N" week. Then again, maybe not.

Even though I don't have a finished jewelry picture, I'm still linking this post to the other writers Blogging Through the Alphabet. It's still not too late to join us on this round -- jump in anytime! (Psst. . . If you jump in this week, you'd already have a j idea to use.)



Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...