Last week I chose not to post any goals because I wanted to look at what I did do and not just ways in which I did (or did not) meet a specific set of goals. Here's just a few things that I remember doing in the past week:
1. I took the kids to the pool everyday. My favorite moment was when I took the time to put on a pair of goggles and swim underwater to see Lauren swimming laps. She's getting to be a good swimmer, even if her "stroke" is a bit out of the ordinary.
2. I took Addison shopping for some new clothes. It was just a couple of new shirts, but it was good girl time. The three girls enjoyed a dinner at Five Guys afterwards.
3. I pinned Addison's formal choir dress so that I can start hemming it.
4. I made time for Bible reading nearly every day this week. I'm now reading the assignments for September. Woo hoo!
5. It's 100 days until Christmas, and I've already ordered a few gifts.
6. I finally remembered to order some vanilla beans so that I can start new bottles of extract.
7. I've been actively unsubscribing to various email subscriptions so that I can take control of my inbox. I also read/deleted/filed well over 1000 emails that had been stuffed in my inbox, many dating back to earlier this summer. There's only 49 emails in my inbox right now. Imagine that, they all fit on one gmail screen. I never thought I'd see this day.
8. I finished reading A Cry from Egypt by Hope Auer. I'm reading it aloud with Brennan, but I wanted to finish the whole thing before I wrote my review (coming later this week).
9. I also read Living Simple, a practical 30-day handbook based on Lorilee Lippincott's book 321 Stop -- stop running and start living. I'm now going back through Living Simple and rereading 321 Stop.
10. I ran errands all over Tucson last weekend without relying on the GPS (because I had let the boys take it with them on their rappelling trip).
11. I made homemade granola for Tim and Brennan to take with them on the weekend camping trip with the Boy Scouts.
12. I have a new idea for menu planning, perhaps my most dreaded job these days. If it ends up working for me and my picky family, I'll be sure to share.
13. I baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch and without using a mixer (because we don't have one right now).
14. Kickboxing tonight!
I still don't know how I feel about setting weekly goals. I struggle with setting goals that aren't just the same thing over and over again. That said, I am going to post goals for this week.
1. Finish hemming Addison's dress. I do NOT want to be stressing about it a day or two before formal pictures at the end of the month.
2. Finish the baby blanket that I've been crocheting. It only needs a few more rounds of trim, but I'd much rather start a new project.
3. Continue with daily Bible reading, a day or two at a time. I'd love to be caught up by the end of the month.
4. Make time for reading books. I often spend my free time hopping from blog to blog (and Facebook), and I never get around to reading the books that I really want to read.
5. Finish meal planning, both a menu for next week and the plan I'm hoping will work for the long run.
6. Start looking at pictures and pick out favorites to go on the calendar we make for Christmas gifts.
I'm linking my rambling Goal Planning Monday post with others at Real Life Unscripted. Feel free to click the button above to join us!