Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our Faith Move

I started to write this post last night. I was feeling a bit like Abraham. "Go out from your land to the land that I will show you." (Genesis 12:1)

In Hebrews, Abraham is counted among the faithful. "By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went out to a place he was going to receive as an inheritance. He went out, not knowing where he was going." (Hebrews 11:8)

Last week, nearly all of our household goods were loaded on a moving van.



We have a general idea of where we are going, and thankfully, Tim has a job waiting for us on the other end. Unlike most of our other moves, though, we don't have a house ready for us on the other end. We know that we won't be living on base because that waiting list is far too long. We had a house that we were going to rent, but now it won't be available until mid-October.

I took to calling this move our "faith move." We are setting out towards our new home with no specific destination in mind.

This morning, we hit the road bright and early. Two hours later, we crossed the state line and stopped for gas.

A few minutes later, we stopped again. This time for car troubles.


I'm beginning to think that this move more closely resembles the story of Moses, specifically the part about Moses wandering in the desert for 40 years.

I know that God is in control of this move. Many friends have reminded me that God is still in control and that "He knows the big picture from Arkansas to Arizona."

Indeed.

Tonight, I'm thankful that the problems didn't happen a few hours (or days) later when we would've been in the middle of nowhere. 

I'm thankful that we're all still laughing. Brennan claims this is "the best move yet."

I'm especially thankful for friends that joined us for lunch and then showed us a cool place to take pictures.





1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for the car troubles, but that is a really cute picture! I always admire and am encouraged by your faith and optimism! You are teaching your kiddos great life lessons!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...