Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal -- September 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

My favorite thing this week was sharing the excitement as Lauren read her first book. It's a beginning reader from Institute for Excellence in Writing's Primary Arts of Language curriculum. Instead of printing each story separately and having them on a folded sheet of paper, I cut the pages apart and bound them together. Lauren was thrilled to be reading a real chapter book.

What's working/not working for us... It's awfully hard for me to get our school day started at 8:00 when I run in the mornings. Before long I'll be able to move my training runs to the afternoons, but in the meantime I might have to be content with starting at 8:30.

Things I'm working on... I need to finish memorizing my lines for our upcoming church production. I also need to have Addison coach me a bit on the singing parts. Maybe she can work with me and Lauren at the same time. Two weeks until opening night!

I'm reading.... Bible, How Do We Know the Bible is True?, and Parenting with Purpose and Grace (actually I need to hurry to catch up with my Bible study group for this one). I also read a really cool children's book about military families so that I could see if it was worth recommending to a friend who is trying to explain military life to her five year old daughter. It's H is for Honor, and I did highly recommend it.

I'm cooking... Today I made a slight change in my E-mealz recipe and served Shrimp tacos for lunch. As for the rest of the week, I remember going grocery shopping yesterday, but I can't remember what I'm going to be fixing. It's a good thing I hung a menu on the fridge.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share... Brennan snapped the photo below shortly after I finished running my 300th mile for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...