Saturday, September 17, 2011

Review: Katz Gluten Free

Earlier this summer, I saw a Facebook announcement that Katz Gluten-Free was looking for product reviewers. I've been gluten-free since sometime last fall, but I've not ventured much into the realm of prepackaged gluten-free treats. Normally I either make something from scratch or just go without.

Katz Gluten Free sent a generous package of goodies for me to try. I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookies, the Cinnamon Rugelech, the Sliced Challah Bread, and some Dinner Rolls. They arrived while I was away at camp, and my husband followed the directions on the box to put in the freezer.

Everything tasted fresh when I thawed it, even though it shipped during the heat of the summer and then was frozen for a few weeks. I was quite impressed with the quality of the goodies. I gave a few small samples to other members of my family, and they agreed that they were all better than they expected for gluten-free baked goods.

I thought that the Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Cinnamon Rugelech were a bit sweet for my tastes, but that didn't stop me from finishing the containers. I thought the Challah bread was good straight from the bag and even better when it was made into cinnamon toast.

All of the products made by Katz Gluten-Free come from a dedicated gluten-free, nut-free, and dairy-free facility. Many of their products are also egg-free. Their prices seem reasonable when compared to other gluten-free products. They offer free shipping for orders over $30, and their products are located in stores across the country.

If you'd like more information about Katz Gluten-Free or their products, you can visit their website here or find them on Facebook here. They do offer a free sample pack that you can order online; you just have to pay for the shipping.

Disclaimer: I received sample products from Katz Gluten-Free for the purposes of writing a review. I did not receive any other compensation, and as always, I will only share my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...