Saturday, October 8, 2016

Another Saturday Update

What I'm wearing:

My running buddy on the East Coast sent me this t-shirt from the virtual race we ran a month or so ago.



What I'm reading:

How We Love by Milan & Kay Yerkovich (for our Bible class)
Matilda by Roald Dahl (read-aloud with Lauren, finished this week)
The BFG by Roald Dahl (read-aloud with Lauren)

I want to start a new fun novel for myself, but I probably should start reading A Tale of Two Cities so that I can discuss it with Brennan.


What I'm cooking:

We tried more MyFreezEasy meals. I'll share more details in a review next week, but Tim declared the Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches "awesomeness in a sandwich."


What's working in our homeschool:

Lauren is doing awesome learning names of the minerals she's studying for Science Olympiad. In fact, the other day we accidentally dumped a box of 15 samples in the floor of our car, and she was able to identify them and put them back in their places.



What's not working in our homeschool:

We've been very busy going places -- chemistry class for Brennan, a few doctor's appointments, some Science Olympiad study sessions, physical therapy, etc. We're getting all the "must do's" done every day, but I'm afraid that too much of the other subjects are getting lost in the shuffle. I need to look closely at our days so that I make sure I don't spend our at-home time doing subjects that could easily be done in the car (math practice problems).


What we're playing:

We borrowed the game Pandemic from friends and are having a blast with it. Tonight, Tim and I also cracked open the box for Commissioned -- a new game from Chara Games. We're still figuring this one out.



What we're listening to:

Lauren and I listened to another few stories from The Familyman's Christmas Treasury in the car this week. Also, a friend and I just swapped CDs from Heirloom Audio Productions. I'm looking forward to hearing The Dragon and The Raven the next time I have a long car ride.


Some things that made me smile:

Watching Brennan perform as part of the FX Worship Experience for children and families at church Wednesday night. If only I had gotten a picture of him flexing his muscles for one of the songs.



Also, I found out that my blog was listed on Healthy Moms Magazine as one of their Top 100 Homeschooling Blogs. I'm very flattered!


©2009-2016 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may nt be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Great week! We are looking at that new board game Commissioned tomorrow night. I guess maybe I better read the directions before all the family is sitting around.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I pulled out the game and watched the instructional video last night. We'll try playing a game by ourselves tomorrow.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...