Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Quick Weekly Update

What I'm reading:

Find Her by Lisa Gardner (just finished)
How We Love by Milan & Kay Yerkovich (for a class at church)
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals (one of Brennan's books)
Spark Joy by Marie Kondo
Matilda by Roald Dahl (read-aloud)

What I'm cooking:

I'm trying some new recipes from MyFreezEasy for an upcoming review. Last week we had four new crock pot recipes -- Beef & Black Bean Chili, Green Chili Chicken, Pork Chops with Apples & Sweet Potatoes, and Spicy Sausage & Peppers. This week I picked Grilled Greek Chicken Kebabs, Mediterranean Chicken Thighs, and French Dip Sandwiches. The best part about MyFreezEasy is that I have a second batch of each recipe in my freezer to use when our schedule gets even crazier.

What I'm watching:

Brennan has double-header baseball games every weekend (for one more week). I also watched a lot of the OU vs TCU football game this afternoon. Boomer Sooner!

What we're studying:

I've been working with Lauren to learn some of the minerals that she needs to know for her Rocks & Minerals event for Science Olympiad. So far she's made note cards for about 10 of them and can consistently match the sample mineral to the name.

When we're in the car, I make Brennan practice Spanish flash cards. I've forgotten a lot of the Spanish I learned in high school, but I can help him with a lot of the pronunciations.

What we're listening to:

Music: "Stand" by The ZOE Group
Audiobooks: The Familyman's Christmas Treasury (for a review, otherwise I'd say it's too early for Christmas)

How I'm keeping my hands busy:

I finished my latest cardigan sweater. All the seams are stitched and all the loose ends are sewn in. I just need to wash/block it before I can take pictures and wear it. I'm partway through a baby blanket, and I just bought more yarn to make this sweater for Lauren.

What I'm enjoying:

I love running in the cooler weather. I've put on a jacket a few mornings, and I once wished that I had grabbed some gloves before I headed out.

Pumpkin spice coffee -- I can't have the milk in a PSL from Starbucks, but I love pumpkin flavored coffee at home.

©2009-2016 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may nt be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. We are enjoying MyFreezEasy too. Have a nice weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...