Saturday, July 2, 2016

Random Summer Updates

I never can seem to gather my random thoughts on Fridays. I'm not sure if that means I'm a rebel or because I'm a horrible procrastinator. In any case, instead of limiting myself (or stretching myself) to post five random things this week, I'll just share some updates on our summer.

What I've been doing this week:

For the past two days I've been listening to stories and listening to pictures that Tim and Brennan brought back from their two week trek at Philmont Scout Ranch. Apparently they had a wonderful time -- awesome is the phrase I've heard most often since they've returned.



I was able to get back into running this week. It wasn't an amazing week, but I'm now 10 miles closer to my year-long goal.


What I've been reading lately:

Crazy Busy by Edward Hallowell
Unstuffed by Ruth Soukup
For Better or For Kids by Patrick and Ruth Schwenk (advanced reader copy)
Fresh Out of Amazing by Stacey Thacker

I've also downloaded a few fiction books on my Kindle that I haven't started.


What we've been studying:

Lauren and I have done several art lessons from ArtAchieve.




What I've been cooking:

I adapted this Fajita Stuffed Chicken recipe the other night, and we all loved it. Today we're using our charcoal grill to smoke a pork shoulder.



What I've been organizing:

I straightened up an overflowing file folder of medical paperwork and have it all nicely filed away. It's amazing how a two page report here and an insurance statement there adds up to be a huge mess.


What I've been making:

I'm still working on a crochet edging for Lauren's new blanket. My sweater (knit) is coming along slowly but surely. I get the most work done on it because it's still small enough to carry with me to appointments. Lauren's also begging for me to make a fourth of July t-shirt similar to one I made her a few years ago. I think that will be tomorrow afternoon's project.


What I've been planning:

The first thing to plan for is a big vacation trip to the beach later this summer. Traveling with food restrictions and medical needs takes a lot of planning and list-making.

I've also started doing some school planning. I have most everything we need so that I can start next school year, but it's not organized enough to start yet.


What I've been taking pictures of:

Not much. I wish I had remembered to take some First Day Photos yesterday. I'll make a note on my calendar to do that next month -- I miss adding those random, everyday moments to my blog each month.

Our children's minister share pictures from two recent events, though. I'll post them here even though I didn't take them.



©2009-2016 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...