Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Ongoing Cristi vs. Diabetes Challenge

It's rare that I accept two major challenges that pit me against my diabetes so close together. Last month, I conquered The Incline and declared the score as Cristi 3, Diabetes 0.

Today's battle played out on a mountain -- Mount Princeton, elevation 14,196 feet. A friend of mine formed a team to do the climb as part of the Alzheimer's Association The Longest Day challenge. It was my first attempt to climb a 14er.

And the winner (once again): ME!!!!


The view from the top was amazing!

It was a really tough climb, especially for someone like me who was new to mountain climbing in Colorado. We spent roughly six and a half hours climbing to the top and back down, and most of the time we were bouldering (climbing up and around rocks the best way we could figure out).


Stay tuned for more Cristi vs. Diabetes challenges in the future. There are plenty more adventures to be had and I'm not about to let diabetes to stand in my way.

©2009-2016 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

7 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...