Tim's parents came for the Memorial Day weekend and brought friends with them from Arkansas. We did our best to find some Colorado adventures to entertain them.
1. Paint Mines (more pictures on Tim's blog): About a year ago, we had plans to meet a homeschooling friend at Paint Mines while we were here house hunting. Unfortunately, our playdate got rained out and it's taken our family a year to find the time to go exploring out there.
2. Graduation Sunday at Church with a celebration banquet for the families afterward
3. Garden of the Gods
4. Bent's Old Fort (again, there's lots of additional information on Tim's blog)
5. Thunderbirds: Every year the Thunderbirds do a flyover at the end of the Air Force Academy graduation ceremony and then perform some of their amazing aerial maneuvers. Some of the family went to see their practice show on Tuesday, and some of us went for the actual graduation on Thursday.
(Special photo credits go to Tim for his awesome pictures earlier this week. I forgot the camera and therefore only have a few blurry iPhone pictures to prove I went on graduation day.)
6. While our company was in town, we also went to Lauren's favorite museum in Colorado -- the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. For some reason, we didn't take many pictures other than this one in the gift shop. I'll call it a bonus for this week.
The only adventures in store for me this weekend include lots of Children's Chorale rehearsals and their big Heroes & Villains on Broadway performance on Sunday. Next week I might just have five pictures of Lauren and Addison to share.
©2009-2016 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com