Saturday, July 18, 2015

Favorite Indulgences {July Blogging Challenge}

I usually think of rich, decadent desserts when I think of indulgences. Unfortunately, food allergies and type 1 diabetes mean that I rarely indulge in much dessert. My treats are carefully chosen to give me the most satisfaction with a reasonable amount of carbs.

At home, I nearly always have a jar of Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter stashed in my room. I also sometimes keep a package of Junior Mints in the freezer so that I have a stash of chocolate on hand. Another favorite chocolate treat are individual packages of frozen chocolate covered strawberries (made by Dole, I think).

Last week I made an amazing new discovery:

I bought a bag of these chocolate squares when I was shopping for our trip. Each square only has five grand of carbs, and therefore I can enjoy it without worrying about sending my blood sugar through the roof. The squares are small, but not tiny. While in the middle of a long day's drive, I nibbled on one for nearly half an hour. It might have been one of my favorite stretches of the road trip that day.

July Blogging Challenge

©2009-2015 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...