Tuesday, December 23, 2014

G is for a Gift in a Not-So-Small Package {Years Ago}

Fourteen years ago (actually a little more than fourteen years ago), Addison was two years old, and I was hugely pregnant with our son who was due on Christmas Day.

In an attempt to be organized, I had already designed a birth announcement to print after his big arrival. It said, "Some of God's greatest gifts come in the smallest packages . . ."


It turns out he wasn't so small after all. After months of arguing about how this baby felt heavier than his sister, Brennan was born weighing 9 lbs, 8 ounces -- a full two pounds bigger than Addison was when she was born.


The announcements ended up saying "or maybe not so small of a package after all."


Lately I've looked in amazement to see how big our not-so-tiny baby boy has grown.


Happy Birthday Brennan!



For most of the past year I've been sharing "Years Ago" stories as I've been Blogging through the Alphabet. There are so many stories left to share that I've started over again. This time I'm linking my posts with Kristi at The Potter's Hand Academy

Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...