Saturday, November 29, 2014

Small Business Saturday

Many years I study the Black Friday ads so that I can plan my optimal shopping route. I remember a year in Arkansas when Tim and I went out to stores both in his parents' town and another nearby city late on Thursday night. Last year, my guesstimate is that we were numbers 7,348 and 7,349 in line outside of Target when it opened.

This year, I opted not to go Black Friday shopping.

Well . . . I didn't go to any stores. I some online shopping yesterday instead.


Actually, I've been Christmas shopping for a while now.

Since today has been declared "Small Business Saturday," I'll share some of the things that I'm wrapping up to put under our Christmas tree. I've extended my definition of small businesses to include businesses in which I know someone who will personally benefit from my purchases (home sales companies) as well as businesses owned by someone I know.


Lilla Rose Flexi Clips: I've reviewed these hair accessories a few times in the past, and we all love them. I have several items already stashed away, including these beautiful bobby pins. They are having so many good specials this weekend that I agreed to have an online party, if anyone is interested in buying some pretty hair treats.



Jamberry Nails: I bought my first set of Jamberry nail wraps about a month ago but didn't take the time to put them on until this week. It was much easier than I feared, and my nails look so cute! The ones I have on right now are a bit funky, but I ordered some plain ones for me with the Black Friday special. Addison saw me shopping so a set of wraps won't be a surprise for her, but I didn't let her see which ones I picked.



In His Spirit Apparel & Crafts: My friend Amanda makes custom girls (and boys) clothes. I ordered this fall dress for Lauren and look forward to updating it with a Christmas pin soon.



Cuts by Laser: Finally, I have to share a sneak peak at the gifts that I'm most excited about. My friend Jennifer has recently started selling woodcraft items, including beautiful Christmas ornaments. She designed this ornament for Addison and Lauren. It's their girls chorus logo.



Isn't it beautiful? I'll be sharing more pictures when I see them in person later this week.


If you're still looking for gift ideas, I encourage you to support small business owners this holiday season -- either my friends or your own.


Happy shopping!


Affiliate disclosure: I may receive free Lilla Rose products as part of my online party. I will not receive any tangible benefits from any of the other products or stores I've listed.

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Cristi for continuing to share. You have helped both of our businesses grow and I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...