1. I was once far more hesitant to experiment in the kitchen. This year I went all out and spatchcocked the turkey before roasting it. It cooked so nicely that I'll definitely be doing it this way again.
2. Late Wednesday night, a friend dropped off a pan of green beans to share with us. A friend who can fix food that's safe for all of Lauren's food allergies is a true friend!
3. When making gravy, it's a good idea to make sure that you've grabbed the correct box out of the pantry. In this case, it would've helped to have grabbed the correct box at the store.
4. If Thanksgiving Dinner with turkey, dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and gravy is served as a late lunch, then the obvious choice for dinner is apple crisp with lots of safe whipped cream.
(Actually, we were supposed to have an apple pie. When life gives you an empty jar of xanthan gum, you make apple crisp instead of gluten-free pie crusts.)
5. I decided not to fix allergy-safe dressing for Lauren and I. The big kids ate Stove Top on Thanksgiving Day, and I didn't mind doing without. I really missed having leftover dressing today, though.
If you'd like to join the Random 5 on Friday fun, you can either click on the cute birdhouse button below or visit The Pebble Pond.