Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Beauty Recaptured

I posted Beauty Captured pictures all while I recovered from kidney surgery. I've taken pictures on crazy days -- the ones filled with too many appointments and far too little time. I remembered to post a snapshot of something beautiful for 168 straight days.

A few weeks ago, I didn't post anything. I had a really rough day. I took a few pictures that afternoon, but I didn't post any that night.

The next day, I didn't pick up the camera at all. In fact, I didn't pick up my camera for several days. I was distracted and upset and a whole bunch of other things. I didn't feel like taking pictures.

And then one day a friend brought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers. My big kids put them in a vase, and I took a picture.

I needed a reminder to look for the beauty around me.


The past few days haven't necessarily been easy, but I've remembered to look for beauty in the midst of the trying days.

I let my Beauty Captured posts fall by the wayside far too long. Over the next few days, I'll be posting a few catch-up pictures. I don't have a picture for every day, but I'm going to celebrate the beauty that I did capture.

Blogging Through the Alphabet
R is for Recaptured
©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...