Monday, December 30, 2013

Embracing Real Moments in 2014

When I looked back at last night's Real Moments, I realized what I'm looking forward to most in 2014.

I don't want 2014 to pass me by in a blur as I rush from activity to activity or try to complete everything I've written down on my latest to-do list.

I want to slow down and embrace the real moments of our lives.

Bike rides:


Board games:


FaceTime:


Choir concerts:


Fast food for dinner:


Reading time:


Afternoons at the pool:


Baking cookies:


Running with the girls:


Messy craft projects:


Piano music:


And hopefully a few slushy days:


I'll still be looking for beautiful moments in 2014 (see my "I searched for beauty" thoughts). I hope to widen my vision and embrace all the little moments too.


Yesterday some of my blogging friends were sharing about "Remembering the Real 2013." Today (or perhaps early tomorrow morning) we're sharing about how we are "Looking Forward to the Real 2014."

2014 - Love, Joy, Peace, Grace, and to Know Him Better by April E. @ ElCloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet

2014: The Adventure Continues by Leah @ As We Walk Along the Road

2014 Prayers, Hopes, and Goals by Clara @ A Slice Of Homeschool Pie

Priorities and Goal Setting for 2014 by Kristen @ Sunrise to Sunset

A Peek into My Plans for 2014 by Jennifer @ Conversaving

Anticipating 2014 by Joelle @ Homeschooling for His Glory

A Year to Sparkle! by Susan @ Homeschooling Hearts & Minds

Saying Hello to 2014 by Tess @ Circling Through This Life

2014 Already? How can that be? by Debra @ Footprints in the Butter

Goals For 2014 Homesteading & Homeschooling by Kim @Homestead Acres

Facing 2014 With Anticipation And Caution by Audra Silva @ Simply Audra Marie

Embracing Real Moments in 2014 by Cristi @ Through the Calm and Through the Storm

  2014 Goals and Why We Should All Set Them by April B. @ Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this---it's the little moments that fill up our lives, really. When we miss them, the day-to-day seems pretty empty. Here's to cherishing the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and I love how the pictures just about speak for themselves. Thank you for sharing yourself with us! It's great to get to know new friends. :) Thanks for linking up with Christian Fellowship Friday! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...