1. The math manipulatives we made early in the summer still help Lauren figure out her work. Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference.
2. I made cut-out cookies to celebrate Lauren's fourth new strong heart birthday. Doesn't the icing look great? I've been trying to make allergy-friendly iced cookies like these for years.
3. A friend challenged a group of us with a 30 day plank challenge. I had Addison time me before I started so that I'd know what my baseline was. I really surprised myself with how long I could last. (I was trying to beat a friend's time and I'm quite competitive.)
4. Brennan and Lauren have been playing quite a bit of Minecraft on the computer this week because there's a cool new update with horses that they can ride. I once thought I could justify Minecraft as somewhat education with all the construction and planning involved. I took back all those thoughts when Lauren told me their donkey "hatched out of a horse egg."
5. Yesterday I posted my first picture in a new daily challenge to find something beautiful each day. Look for pictures (and perhaps a few words of explanation) sometime each evening. My hope is that participating in this challenge will encourage me to pay more attention to the world around me and to notice more of God's blessings.
I enjoy sharing five random thoughts on Fridays. If you'd like to join the fun, you can either click on the "Random 5 on Friday" birdhouse button above or visit The Pebble Pond. This week, I'm also linking up with Collage Friday at Homegrown Learners.