Saturday, May 4, 2013

G is for Gardening

In February, I posted about the hopeful garden that I had planted in my backyard. Despite one snowy day, my lettuce did quite well. Unfortunately, that garden took up nearly all of the good space in the backyard. Since the yard is walled on all sides, the part of the yard that isn't taken up by our tiny lawn is nearly always shaded.

I realized one day that the front of our house gets a lot of sun. It may be untraditional to plant a garden right in front of the house, but I've gone ahead with it anyway.


It takes me about 5 minutes every morning to water my babies. I just take a juice pitcher out to the spigot, fill it up a few times, and give all of them a drink. 

I can see from the picture that I've perhaps overwatered them a little. Oops. I guess I'll scrub the dirt stains off the driveway sometime.


Sweet peppers, Cucumbers, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes (clockwise from top-left)

I'm particularly optimistic in regards to my tomato plant. I can't remember the exact variety, but it's one that was designed to grow in hot climates. It has three or four blooms on it right now, so I'm very hopeful that we'll be eating home grown tomatoes this summer.


I'm linking this post to others that are Blogging Through the Alphabet. It's not too late to join us on this round -- jump in anytime!


Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...