Sunday, March 17, 2013

Run and not grow weary {Scripture and a Snapshot}

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:31


Almost three months ago, a few ladies at our church decided to start a running club. We trained with the Couch 2 5K plan with the intention of running in the Southern Arizona Race for the Cure fun run.

Earlier last week, I limped home from a routine run in the neighborhood because my knees were hurting so badly. I was incredibly discouraged to be injured so close to the race. (I dropped out of a half-marathon about a year and a half ago because of knee pain.) I wasn't sure how my knee would hope up to even a 5K today, but I decided to give it my all.

Thank you God for running and not growing weary. Thank you even more for an injury free day both for me and for the rest of our team.


Scripture and Snapshot

SUNDAY STILLNESS

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Dear One
    I thank God for you and pray that you will run many more marathons without any knee problems. Found your blog at Janis'.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this race completed! I walked this one (in BR) a few years ago, the cause is dear to me, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...