Thursday, January 10, 2013

French Country Supper recipe

I briefly mentioned this recipe when I talked about quinoa, and I'm honoring the requests to share. Unfortunately, I failed to take a picture the last time I made it.

French Country Supper

Chicken thighs (bone-in)
2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp dried basil

Place all the ingredients in a crock-pot. It's okay if the chicken is straight from the freezer, mine usually is.  Cook on high all afternoon or on low all day.

I posted earlier about how I often serve this dish with quinoa. We used to eat it with couscous until we eliminated wheat. I often eat the leftovers by themselves; it's sort of a stew consistency with chicken pieces and beans in the yummy juices.




©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...