Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Goal Planning Monday

As the work of unpacking the things in our house has stretched on, I've gotten discouraged. I'm starting to worry that we'll still have have piles of things scattered around on the floor when Thanksgiving rolls around. And if there's stuff not put away by Thanksgiving, I can guarantee that it won't look any better after we get done with our busy December schedule and celebrate Christmas. I do not want to still be looking at messy rooms for that long. It's time to buckle down and get everything done.

Unfortunately, I became quickly overwhelmed with all the things I need to or want to do. I don't want to set a goal that's too broad because I like having goals that I can check off of a to-do list, not goals that would require a multi-page to-do list.

I decided to set one goal at a time. I took a picture of my first goal with the intention of posting it as my Goal Planning Monday entry.

The desk area in my kitchen has become sort of a catch-all area since we moved in.


After snapping the picture, I had a bit of time that I could start working on it. It didn't take nearly as long as I feared.

Goal Accomplished:



My next project is the office area. I need to move these books


back to where they belong on this bookshelf.


It looks like I need to find the shelves first...


I'm sharing this post with my friends at Real Life Unscripted, but I'm hoping that it won't take until next Monday before I can share another "Goal Accomplished" update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...