When everything started to get really crazy with our move, I took a temporary break from posting any Goal Planning Monday goals. In the meantime, the move got crazier than I had initially thought. We are now somewhat settled (even if it is in a temporary apartment until October), and I'm more than ready to get back into a productive mode.
I'm not sure what my last set of goals included, but I'm sure that I either accomplished them prior to the move or decided that they really didn't matter after all.
This week's goals:
1. Back to basics: My basics list usually consists of Bible reading, cleaning the kitchen, preparing school assignments for the next day, going to bed at a reasonable time, and reading time. I'm doing okay with cleaning the kitchen because it's really not hard to clean up our tiny apartment kitchen. I can unload the dishwasher without taking more than a step or two in any direction. I've also been doing good at checking and preparing schoolwork. I've fallen behind in my Bible reading and haven't done much other reading either. My main goal this week is to read two days of Bible readings every day this week.
2. Put away the random assortment of charging cords that's still dumped on the floor of our room. It's perhaps the only thing that I didn't put away when we moved in.
3. Clean out my email inbox. I know there were nearly 300 unread messages as of this morning. I don't know how many there are in all.
4. Get to a point where I'm not playing "catch up" with my blog. I missed more blogging time than I thought I would during the trip from Arkansas to Arizona. I've been able to keep up with my reviews, but I've been posting them closer to the due date than I like. I'd also like to share some of the fun activities we've been doing, both before and after our move.
5. Sort through some of the many photos I've taken recently. Like many digital photographers, I take a lot of pictures. I need to spend an evening going through the photos I've taken over the past few months and cleaning out the duplicates.
6. Exercise. I've taken the kids swimming every day since we moved into the apartment, and I've started doing water aerobics type activities while they are splashing around. We've also started using Family Time Fitness during our homeschool days. I'd really like to find time to go out for a run this week. I probably can't go far because it's been so long, but I'd love to head out for a mile or so.
I'm linking my Goal Planning Monday post with others at Real Life Unscripted. Feel free to click the button above to join us!