Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fire (and Rain) -- Think Back Thursday

We had just a little excitement the other night to go along with our first Arizona monsoon. Even though I'm not thinking back that far, I'm still happy to have some pictures that correspond with this week's Think Back Thursday theme.

Last Sunday night, I was fixing dinner and we all heard something outside. Imagine our surprise to see a heavy rainstorm. I guess we've been living in a drought area for too long. The big kids went outside to dance in the rain a bit. A little later I walked back out and smelled something funny. There was a palm tree on fire right across the street from our TLF (temporary lodging facility). The heavy rain kept the fire from spreading, and it appears as though the nearby building escaped without any damage.








I'm linking this post with others in the Think Back Thursday meme at Debbie's Digest, and I'd love for you to join me.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I can say that since it didn't cause any damage. I suppose it was caused by lightning??? Great that God supplied you with an episode so that you could join up this week. I hope you find something for next week. I am struggling to find something also.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...