Monday, February 27, 2012

Goal Planning Monday -- February 27th

I'm happy to report that last week went quite a bit more smoothly than the previous ones. I think I perhaps ran around as much as ever, but I didn't feel like a chicken with her head cut off very often.

How I did on last week's goals:
1. Clean counters and school assignments: I think I had clean counters every night, but I didn't have a perfect score on school assignments.

2. Bedtime: When I set a 10:00 goal, I was really hoping for 10:00 and told myself that it would be okay as long as it was by 10:15. I made 10:15, but I don't know that I ever made it by 10. I do feel a lot better during the days when I'm getting enough sleep. There was one morning that I even woke up on my own.

3. Physical therapy: I'd rather be running, but I'm still working at leg lifts.

4. Fun activites: I included several activities into our homeschool days and took some pictures.

This week's goals:
1. Counters, schoolwork, and bedtime.

2. Catch up on my daily Bible reading. I'm reading through the Bible in a Year, but I'm about a week behind. After doing B90 twice last year, I'm not too overwhelmed with the thought of a few days of lengthy readings this week.

3. Create a new habit. I carry a large purse and I am forever losing my keys at the bottom of it. The other day I finally found my keys stuck down in one of the inside pockets. This week, instead of just dropping the keys into the main compartment of my bag (also known as the black hole), I'm going to intentionally place them in the inside pocket. I wish I had a way to figure out how much time I'll save each week if I don't ever have to look for lost keys.

4. Take pictures of every activity that I can think of for Lauren to do independently. I need to find ways for her to entertain herself when I'm working on schoolwork with either Brennan or Addison. I want to put pictures into a small photo album so that she can flip through to find ideas. I can also use the pictures to put in her workboxes to do as part of her school assignments.

5. An improvement project yet to be determined. I'm not sure if I'll work on the papers taking over my desk, the dusty baseboards, the 1000 emails crowding my in-box, or something completely different. At this point, I'll just say that my goal is to do something.

If you'd like to join me setting a few goals this week, please feel free to link up at Mama Manuscripts weekly meme here.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear which improvement task you take on! I hope you had a great week and I look forward to hear your achievements on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...