Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Day

A few days ago, I noticed a few friends posting on Facebook about Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Week. It runs from February 7-14th each year, with Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Day coinciding with Valentine's Day on February 14th.

I looked through lots of pictures in an attempt to find the perfect one to post on a day that means so much to me and my family.

I have pictures of Lauren when she was born -- pictures of a critically ill preemie that many doctors feared would never leave the hospital. Thankfully, I also have pictures when we brought her home just 6 weeks later.

I have pictures of a toddler that learned to walk while wearing the pump to her feeding tube in a tiny backpack. Complications from her heart defect made it too dangerous for her to eat or drink for many years. Thankfully, I heard her begging for both a red cookie and a bowl of ice cream for dessert last night.

I have pictures of a three year old that spent seven months living in a hospital. They're pictures of a little girl that made the most of life -- playing games in the playroom and riding laps around the sixth floor on a tricycle. Thankfully, I also have a picture of her riding a tricycle after she left the hospital.

That picture is the one that I've chosen to share:


It's a picture of miracles, a picture of hope, a picture of a little girl with a bright future ahead of her.

If you're interested in hearing more about the miracles we've seen in Lauren's life, please grab a kleenex and view her Defining Moments video here.



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for Lauren and all her miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both have been through so much. What an amazing mom, and a blessed little girl. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...