Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moments to Cherish

I could share hundreds of pictures that we took last week while we were at Disney World. I'm sure I'll share lots more over the next few weeks, but tonight I want to share a few special moments -- a few of those moments that I'll treasure.

I sent this text to a friend shortly after leaving our hotel the first morning: "You can understand a teary eyed mom pushing her princess to Epcot. There were days that I never would've imagined this."


All of us will remember when we walked over to ride the Tea Cups, and Alice in Wonderland asked the kids if she could ride with them. I looked over at one point, and I'm not sure if Brennan or Alice was trying harder to make it spin.


She's a lucky little girl to have two big kids to take such good care of her. She'd often opt to ride beside them on the fast rides (aka rollercoasters) instead of with a parent.


I never ceased to be amazed at the way all of the Disney castmembers went out of their way to say something nice to Lauren, and I don't think she ever got tired of being called Princess. Princess Aurora taught her how to hold her skirt and pose for pictures.


As Lauren met more of the characters and collected more autographs, she would get more excited about meeting them. I loved to see the way her face lit up during the parades and to hear her shout out to all of the characters that came by.


Sleep tight, my tired little princess...


9 comments:

  1. I so understand and she and the other princess and prince look so happy. I'm glad you were able to go and make all those great family memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family, and it looks like you will have some awesome memories of this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's great! What awesome memories to share as a family. Love that princess dress. I guess dreams really do come true there, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! We're going on a disney cruise in February and we're going to hit the park beforehand. I can't wait! My youngest has never been and my oldest was 4 when we went to Tokyo Disney so she doesn't remember much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet pictures of your princess. I especially like the one with Princess Aurora- beautiful.
    You'll all have wonderful memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet pictures! So glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just got back from Disney last month. Our son doesn't care about the princesses but we stood in line to meet Phineas and Ferb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to go to Disney World again - my youngest has never been. Looks like your family had a fabulous time - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disney World is a special place! Thanks for the post. I have many fond memories of Disney. I worked their full time and part time for 13 years. It's just as fun to work their as it is to be a guest their. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...