Sunday, September 4, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal -- September 4, 2011

In my life this week...
The Homeschool Mother's Journal  Our fall activities are picking up speed a bit sooner than I had expected (or hoped). Between the five of us, we had rehearsals for our upcoming church production four nights this week. The kids practiced all afternoon last Saturday and Sunday, too.
  This weekend we're enjoying a four-day-weekend (and no play practice). Addison went on a youth retreat, and the rest of us visited family a few hours away. We were hoping to all go to a waterpark tomorrow, but the weather looks a bit doubtful.

In our homeschool this week...
  We've added Latin back into our curriculum. We were happy with our previous program, but we're taking a break to try a new one as part of the TOS Review Crew. Brennan was a fan right away because his Latin assignment came with a post-it note saying, "You'll need to borrow my iPod for this one."
  Lauren's doing fabulous with her reading program. I've printed out her first reader and bound it into a small book. I think she's ready for it, but I'm holding off for a few more review lessons so that she'll be successful when she tries.

I am inspired by... my Dad, who just celebrated his 65th birthday by riding a 100 mile bike race with one of his friends today. Wow!

My favorite thing this week was... taking time to enjoy (and laugh at) Lauren's imagination -- all her imaginary friends, their birthdays, etc. She often talks about all of these friends when we're writing in her journal for school. That journal will be a priceless treasure one of these days.

I'm reading....
* Bible, specifically I'm doing the Bible in 90 days program again and I'm in Jeremiah
* Eats with Sinners by Arron Chambers, for our fall Bible classes at church
* How Do We Know the Bible is True? by Ken Ham and Bodie Hodge
* Miles to Go by Richard Paul Evans (haven't actually started yet, but I picked it up at the library on Friday and I'm excited to start soon)

I'm cooking...
  I made a monthly meal plan for September in the hopes that I'd be better able to juggle all of our evening activities. While looking through old favorite recipes, I found one that I hadn't fixed in probably 10 years. On Friday, I'm going to fix Spinach Potato Frittata. I quit making it when Brennan (then a baby) was diagnosed with milk and egg allergies that he's now outgrown. I hope it turns out as yummy as we remember.


3 comments:

  1. Your anonymous "family" enjoyed having you this weekend, and hope Miss Addison had a great time with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristi, I had sent a comment earlier that you won my Robert Pierre CD. I don't think I've ever gotten your address so I can have them send it to ya. Can you email it to me (through the crew forum), please? Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fritata sounds awesome. I'd love to know the recipe and how it turned out after you've made it.

    Love that you've added Latin back in. It is such a beautiful preview to so many languages. :) Hope he enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...