It's been a long time since I've done a random five post (or actually, any post other than my Blogging Through the Alphabet stories), so I decided today was a good day to give a random peek into what's happening around here.
1. Lauren's GI doctor and allergist decided that she could start an egg trial. She's been avoiding eggs as part of an huge elimination diet she started four years ago. We don't expect to see any immediate reactions, instead she'll be eating eggs several times a week and then they'll check to see if there's been any recurrence of her eosinophilic esophagitis.
Her breakfast choice yesterday:
2. Addison spent much of her week helping a friend who was in town to attend the National Conference on Youth Ministries conference. She was basically a live-in nanny at the hotel, but she also found time to catch up with friends and youth ministers from around the country.
3. Brennan started a geology class that we are basing on a video series from The Great Courses that Tim received for Christmas -- Wonders of the National Parks: A Geology of North America. We started with a couple of videos about Yellowstone, and now I want to go visit it again.
4. I am anxiously tracking the shipping notification for my new Dexcom continuous glucose monitor. I'll be able to see a real-time estimation of my blood sugar just by looking at my iPhone. It should also be far more accurate than the old continuous monitor that worked with my insulin pump.
5. We had more snow yesterday, but thankfully it isn't enough to keep us snowed in at home very long.
I don't know if anyone is still doing a Random Five on Friday link-up, so for now I'm just posting my rambling thoughts and updates without linking anywhere.
©2009-2015 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com