Sunday, September 14, 2014

Thirty-three weeks, three days {Years Ago}

Every week, Lauren asks me what I'm going to write for the next letter of the alphabet. I told her this week that I might write about 33 weeks, 3 days, and she didn't know the significant of those numbers. I guess that's reason enough to share the story.


Lauren was born at 33 weeks gestation, actually thirty-three weeks and three days by my calculations. I don't think I've filled out a medical history form in the past 8 years that hasn't asked for that number.


A few years later, she was admitted to CHoP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) to be listed for a heart transplant. She waited for nearly seven months.

Finally, after being in the hospital for exactly thirty-three weeks and three days, she had recovered from the transplant surgery and was discharged.


I remember doing the calculations and being shocked at the numbers. She spent thirty-three weeks and three days in my belly, and then exactly thirty-three weeks and three days on the cardiac floor of the hospital.

God took care of Lauren the whole time, and even took care of all the little details. I don't believe it was just a coincidence that her hospital stay was exactly the length of my pregnancy. I think God was telling me he was in control the entire time and that his timing is always perfect.

I never used to have a favorite or "lucky" number, but thirty-three will always be special to me.

I recently noticed that Jeremiah 33:3 has those same numbers. Perhaps God is telling me to pay attention to that verse.
"Call to me, and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." (MSG)
We've definitely seen marvelous and wondrous things over the past eight and a half years.


Ben and MeI'm sharing a "years ago" story corresponding to each letter of the alphabet for the Blogging through the Alphabet challenge hosted by Marcy at Ben and Me. I often tell my children stories of things that have happened in our past, and now I'm taking the time to write down those treasured stories.

©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I believe God does show us His love through details like that even when the significance is only evident to us. Marvelous and wonderous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really neat story - how special for God to show you that "little" detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing the way God reveals himself to us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...