1. Getting dressed this morning felt a lot like getting dressed for the first day of middle school. Is this outfit to dressy? Should I wear this necklace or the other one? I finally made it out the door (and only circled back home twice because of things I had forgotten).
2. My LL Bean backpack from middle school is still serving me well. That was money well spent, Mom and Dad.
3. I had a fabulous time meeting up with bloggers at lunchtime. One of the best parts of the discussion was when we all agreed that you should use a 50mm lens on your camera so that any background homeschool mess is nicely blurred.
4. The funniest quote of the day, "Out of 13 years of homeschooling, I think year 9 turned pretty good." It helps to know that all homeschoolers have rough days and even rough years.
5. The most meaningful session I listened to today was by Steve Demme. After years of hearing him teach math to my kids, I heard him share his heart about Building Faith Families. I have a whole page of wonderful notes to reflect on.
If you'd like to join the Random 5 on Friday fun, you can either click on the cute birdhouse button below or visit The Pebble Pond.