1. I made homemade marshmallows last Friday night and posted a picture as Beauty Captured. A friend saw that it was featured on the Sonlight blog Monday morning. Our marshmallows didn't look quite like store-bought marshmallows, but they tasted delicious and were perfect for making s'mores at a bonfire Saturday night.
2. The "rest of the story" about the homemade marshmallows was that Lauren had an allergy appointment Friday morning where we learned that she needs to do a corn-free trial for the next several months. The primary ingredient of store-bought marshmallows is corn syrup; hence, the urgent need for corn-free marshmallows.
3. On my first trip to Whole Foods to purchase some corn-free goodies for Lauren, I spent so much money that I triggered a fraud alert on our credit card. (Full Disclosure: It really wasn't all that much.)
4. Did you know that a single container of corn-free baking powder costs $7?
5. I was so excited to find a bottle of calcium supplements that met Lauren's dietary restrictions. It took me three days to realize that they contain far less calcium than her previous brand. She'd need to be chewing up ten or twelve of these each day and going through more than a bottle a week. I guess it's time for me to do some online shopping.
If you'd like to join the Random 5 on Friday fun, you can either click on the cute birdhouse button below or visit The Pebble Pond.