Saturday, January 25, 2014

Procedures, Peace, and Prayers

A week ago Thursday my Facebook status read:
For years God has given me peace as we sent Lauren into surgeries/procedures. Today I have peace beyond understanding as I check in to have my kidney repaired. GIGATTAATTGIG! 
I've never been able to understand or explain the incredible sense of peace that God has gifted me with throughout all of Lauren's many surgeries and procedures. It truly is "the peace of God which transcends all understanding" as Paul writes in Philippians 4:7 (NIV).

I'm thankful that God offered that same peace when I was faced with my own surgery.

I'm also deeply thankful for all of our friends and family that prayed for Lauren so many times and also prayed for me last week.

I'm not quite back up to 100% yet, but I'm getting close. In another few weeks, I'll have my sugeon's permission to go back to running.

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Blogging Through the Alphabet
Procedures, Peace, and Prayers
©2009-2014 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...