Friday, September 6, 2013

Random Five on Friday, September 6th


1. I just can't resist posting one more race picture. The five of us in this picture all go to church together and signed up to run a Triple Crown race series this summer. Last Monday was the second one.

2. It's still warm enough to squeeze in a few more afternoons at the pool, and it's even more fun to swim when we can hang out with friends.

3. I often complain about going grocery shopping, especially grocery shopping at the Commissary. The one bright part of those trips is seeing the view of the mountains from the parking lot. 

4. I've had fabric to make Lauren a new dress for quite some time, and she told me that she'd really like to wear it when she sings at church on Sunday. I have high hopes of getting it finished in time. I conquered rick-rack this evening and tomorrow I'll attempt the piping for the neckline.

5. Lauren graduated from the Kindergarten and First Grade Bible class at church last Sunday, and her old teacher gave all of the students new Bibles. I was thrilled to see her sitting down at the table to read it this week. She was thrilled that I helped her use it to look up the verses for our Bible study lesson about Daniel this week.

The Pebble PondHomegrown Learners


I enjoy sharing random thoughts each week. If you'd like to join the fun, you can either click on the "Random 5 on Friday" birdhouse button above or visit The Pebble Pond. I'm also linking up with Collage Friday at Homegrown Learners.

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...