Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Goal Planning Monday (the official version)

I scribbled yesterday's Goal Planning Monday ideas on a post-it note, but I didn't take the time to post them last night. I'll make it official by posting my goals today.

Last Week's Accomplishments:

1. Beauty Captured

2. I finished Lauren's dress so that she could wear it on Sunday morning. (Note to self: next time, take pictures before she gets red Kool-Aid all around her mouth)

This Week's Goals:

1. Continue my Beauty Captured posts. I've made it for forty consecutive days, finding something beautiful (or otherwise touching) to take a picture of and share each day.

2. Figure out how to sew buttonholes for Lauren's dress. Last weekend I cheated by using snaps under the buttons, but it doesn't look as good as it could.

3. Keep working on my photo projects. I've seen a couple of good deals that I've had to pass up because I didn't have things ready to go, and I want to be ready the next time Snapfish or Shutterfly have a good sale.

4. Sync my iPod with the correct iTunes library -- a lot of my music is currently missing.

5. Work ahead on some reviews so that I'm not rushing (and staying up late) at the last minute.

If you'd like to join in the Goal Planning Monday fun, be sure to click the button below. It's even okay if you join simply so that you have a place to brag about what you accomplished the week before.


©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I always make a test buttonhole before starting the real things. I take a scrap of the fabric I used to make the dress, then interface it to stiffen it and make a test buttonhole. If you have not made them before, just use a bigger piece of fabric and practice a few times. Even if the pattern does not call for it, I always interface under a buttonhole for strength and stability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that it was a beautiful dress. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the dress done and I got here to comment on your post. Thanks for linking up each week. Sorry I didn't get here last week to comment. Bad me!!! This week I purposed to do it early in the week so I would not get swamped and then forget.

    The dress, and the girl, are adorable! You did a great job!

    Photos, I have a LOT of photo files to work on. That is not on my list to do this week though.

    God bless and I hope you are already on your way to getting some of your goals completed. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...