Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Read Aloud Explosion {Read-Aloud Challenge}

I feel like our wall of read aloud stars exploded yesterday when Lauren added the books we finished lately. She was a bit sick over the weekend and missed a planned outing Saturday night, church on Sunday morning, and our small group gathering on Sunday evening. We spent much of our time together with me reading books to her.


Recent read-alouds:
1. A Big Year for Lily by Suzanne Woods Fisher and Mary Ann Kinsinger, the third book in the Lily Lapp series we love so much

2. Dolphin Adventure and Dolphin Treasure by Wayne Grover, the first one was a Sonlight read-aloud

3. Sophia the Snow Swan Fairy, Cheryl the Christmas Tree Fairy, and Cara the Camp Fairy all by Daisy Meadows (part of the Rainbow Fairy books)

I allowed Lauren to check the fairy books out of the library because they looked like they might be at a level where she could read them independently. I ended up reading them aloud when she was sick. They're not normally what I would pick as read-aloud materials, but I've noticed that Lauren is now more willing to attempt reading them on her own. It was time well spent, even if I can't characterize them as "great literature."


My friend Debra at Footprints in the Butter hosts a semi-weekly read-aloud challenge link, and I'm joining her by sharing some of what we're reading this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...