Monday, August 12, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ August 12th

This week's Goal Planning Update will likely be a bit shorter than some because I'm really trying  to start a new habit of going to bed at a reasonable time instead of staying up late at night blogging (and just randomly surfing the internet).

Goals Accomplished:

1. My Five Days of Picnics posts for last week's Blog Hop turned into six posts that were all posted on time.

2. I also posted pictures of something beautiful each day as part of the Beauty Captured Challenge.

The Pebble Pond


This Week's Goals:

1. Count my blessings by looking for something beautiful to share each day.

2. Tweak our school routine and commit it to paper. I know what curriculum and materials we are using this year, but I haven't finalized such things as what subjects get covered on which days. I think it would reduce the number of "Do we have to do ______?" questions that I get each day if I posted a schedule.

3. Edit photos and flag my favorites. It's nearly time to start working on photo gifts for Christmas.

4. Read. I finished a novel last week (Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline), and I realized how much I miss reading stories when I spend all my time bouncing around amongst non-fiction ebooks.

5. Turn off the computer and go to bed at a reasonable time.

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I love your goals amd shjare most of them...especially going to bed on time. I likehow you hod yourself accountable by posting results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did NOT post that reply at 2;43....oh....mountain time!

      Delete
    2. Actually, Arizona time. We don't observe Daylight Savings Time so we're three hours behind you (for now).

      Delete
  2. Sorry I missed commenting last week. Things got away from me and it was Monday again before I realized it. I am doing better this week.

    Reading... yup. I love it. I have a yearly goal of reading 55 books. Now that school has started up and my son wants me to read Historical Fiction to him that should help. I am behind in my reading but hope to catch up soon.

    Get to be earlier. I would love to. It is tough to do when my son works til closing at his job. The store closes at 10pm then they have to clean everything. They put on his schedule that he would be done at 11pm. He and hubby finally walked in the door at 12:15. Then last night I was up praying and worrying in the middle of the night. Makes for loooong days. I didn't get up this morning until 9:15. I have thoughts of getting to bed earlier but rarely happens.

    Have a great week and a great year of homeschooling. I only have my son, 11th grade, to homeschool now. He is our youngest so only 2 more years to go to complete my 24 years as a homeschool mom. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...