Instead of sharing random facts about our week, I scribbled down a few quotes on a pad of sticky notes. I ended up with five that are worth sharing. Interestingly, I think all five of them came from my oldest child. Thank you, Addison, for adding so much laughter to our week!
1. From lunchtime: "You know what's really great? Geography songs. They're way better than Grammar songs."
2. Proof that Addison learned something when studying formal logic. "The problem is that I just made a universal proposition."
3. While I was using vinegar and baking soda to clean out the drain in the kids' bathroom: "A girl in my science class (online) said she's never done the baking soda and vinegar experiment . . . and she calls herself a homeschooler."
4. Recounting a conversation: "Some friends of mind from Colorado, that I met in Virginia, went to Pepperdine (California) for the lectureship too."
5. Repeated at least a few times by three members of the family early this week: "My calves hurt."
|Taken at the top of the mountain, prior to their 22.5 mile hike to the bottom|