Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winner cleans up!


I don't remember exactly when I came up with the rule. I'm sure it started one day when I had one child bragging about winning a game and another one teary-eyed about losing. I turned to the child that hadn't won and told them it was okay to lose sometimes, especially since the winner had to pick up all the pieces and put the game away.

Even years later, I often hear a game end with someone hollering, "Winner cleans up!" instead of groaning about how they hadn't won. A few weekends ago, it was my husband who wasn't doing well in a rousing game of Disney Scene It! when he said, "That's okay. If I don't win, I don't have to clean up."




Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2009-2013 Through the Calm and Through the Storm. All rights reserved. Photos and content may not be reproduced. http://throughthecalmandthroughthestorm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. New rule in this house! (Now watch them forefeit to get out of it. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great rule! My kids don't do many games that are competitive yet but this would be great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...