Sunday, January 6, 2013

"This Little Light of Mine"

Four years ago, I drove from Washington DC to Philadelphia on a blustery winter day. Lauren sat in the backseat singing at the top of her lungs for much of the trip. At the time, her favorite song was "This Little Light of Mine."


Later that afternoon, Lauren was admitted to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where she spent the next 33 weeks and 3 days.

I can't believe it's been four years and I can't believe how incredibly blessed we are. She's doing wonderfully these days.

Perhaps we should've sang "This Little Light of Mine" at our small group fellowship meeting tonight.

We did sing what I will always remember as Lauren's song -- "Blessed Be Your Name." Thank you God for days "when the sun's shining down on me; when the world's all as it should be."

Thank you God for a little girl who is still shining her light wherever she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...