Monday, December 24, 2012

Goal Planning -- Christmas Break


In the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the days leading up to Christmas, I'm going to take a few minutes to record goals accomplished for the past week and look ahead just a bit towards the days after Christmas.

Last week's goals:
1. Gifts: All of the gifts were mailed on Tuesday, a few days ahead of the USPS deadline for Christmas. Unfortunately, one gift hasn't made it to its destination quite yet. There's still a chance it'll get there on Christmas Eve, though. The rest of the gifts are almost done. (I'm waiting on the last one to dry right now.) I just have to wrap them.

2. Blog: I posted all I wanted to post last week. I decided that the reviews would be better suited for publishing around New Year's. Somehow I don't think Homeschool materials are on anybody's "must get" list for this weekend.

3. Calendar: It's nearly all designed and ready to print. I need to put together the cover -- maybe a collage of my favorite 2012 pictures will work.

This week's goals:
1. Relax during the next few days of Christmas celebrations. Remember that it's about the joy of being together as a family and not about having everything perfect or on time or whatever.

2. Buy more paper to print my calendar on, print it, and take it somewhere to get spiral bound. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures once it's all finished.

3. Start writing down all the things that we intend to do "over Christmas break" so that time doesn't slip away from us.

4. Think about goals or resolutions for next year, consider writing them down, too.

I'm sharing this post with my friends at Real Life Unscripted, where a bunch of us gather each Monday to share our goals and encourage each other along the way.


1 comment:

  1. Great goals. I hope you enjoy relaxing. I had my children write down some of the fun things they wanted to do over break and we are trying to accomplish one each day. I also have a list of things I would like to do but I'm not stressing about it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...