Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude Challenge -- Day 21

Tonight, like so many nights, I'm thankful for the special treat I have stashed on the very top shelf of the pantry.



Yes, peanut butter -- white chocolate peanut butter. A dear friend sent me my first jar when Lauren was in the hospital waiting for her new heart.

Because of Brennan's life-threatening peanut allergy, we don't normally have any peanuts or peanut products in the house. I make candy with sunbutter and have come to enjoy a good sunbutter sandwich. Nothing comes close to the creamy goodness of my white chocolate peanut butter, though. I wait until after the kids are in bed before carefully pulling down the jar. In order to keep from contaminating any surfaces in the house, I don't make a sandwich or even spread it on crackers. I just scoop it out by the spoonful, being careful to clean the spoon afterwards.

I'm not sure I could count how many jars I've been through over the past two year, one spoonful at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Anna's best friend is deathly allergic like Brennan, and his Mom has peanutbutter every night after they go to bed too. I might have to buy her a jar of this for Christmas! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place that I can find such a gourmet treat is Wal-Mart. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...