I really do get more done if I have a goal in mind -- whether it's running or cleaning my house. I can't believe the progress I made, especially in terms of cleaning up my room.
Here are the goals I set last week:
1. Finish putting away all of the stuff from vacation. FINISHED
2. Re-organize medicines and medical supplies. FINISHED
4. Finish making a meal plan for this month, hopefully with recipes and shopping lists. (Yay for e-mealz.) MOSTLY FINISHED (I have meal plans, but not future shopping lists.)
5. Clean kitchen before bed each night. MOSTLY
6. Plan and set out school assignments each evening. MAYBE HALF THE TIME
7. Christmas projects -- I have a coupon code that expires November 6th. DIDN'T MAKE THE COUPON DEADLINE :(
8. Take stuff to Goodwill (aka move huge pile out of the floor of my bedroom). FINISHED
9. Find a new pediatrician for Lauren. FINISHED
10. Work on new chore assignments and a schedule. HAVE SOME IDEAS, BUT NOTHING SET
And now this week's goals:
1. Get up half-an-hour before Lauren does (which means I need to go to bed at a reasonable time).
2. Check school assignments and set out new ones every evening.
3. Clean kitchen (including the island/peninsula that collects junk) before bed.
4. Clean my closet.
5. Clean off my computer desk, file papers, etc.
6. Get photos ready for Christmas gift projects.
7. Return the stuff in my "take back to the store" pile.
8. Figure out chore assignments and schedule.
If you'd like to join me in setting some goals and seeing your progress, be sure to visit Mama Manuscript's Goal Planning Monday here.