Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Photography Challenges

Summer Photography Series at 5 Minutes for Mom

About a month ago, my husband and I bought a new digital SLR camera. If you look around our house, you'll see that we're now a bit obsessed about learning all we can about taking better photos. I have various digital photography books from the library scattered around, and my husband is often found reading his book.

Last week I stumbled upon the Summer Photography Series hosted by 5MinutesforMom.com and thoroughly enjoyed their introductory blog entry, Get to Know Your Camera. It was perhaps the clearest, most concise explanation of digital cameras that I've read lately, and I've bookmarked it for future reference.

As part of the Summer Photography Series, they've issued a weekly photo challenge. I'm joining this week and posting some of the pictures I took with the camera set in something other than full-auto mode.

Using sports mode to capture the action in the backyard.

Using portrait mode and a telephoto lens to get a nicely blurred background

Another shot in portrait mode


Creative auto mode to get the blurred background.
I'm a bit disappointed in this shot; I should've set the focus on the bags of flour instead of the bowl.
Exploring aperture priority mode and the exposure compensation to capture the natural background light coming from the other room.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Sweetie! Maybe we'll be photographers yet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...